Sunday, February 12, 2012

Hello family and friends.  Sharon and I have decided to keep a blog going on our trip so that we can keep a good record of our travels, and so that you guys can see how we're doing during our trip.  It it currently 11:35pm on February 12th, the day before we leave Seoul for our first stop, New Zealand.  I am currently sitting on the floor in the middle our bare apartment typing away.


Sharon and I have felt like squatters in our apartment since the movers came on Friday and stripped the place bare.  There is so little left in the apartment that I am currently using our two bathmats that were left behind during the move as my seat cushion.  These will transition to mattresses later tonight when we sleep on the floor.  Sharon thinks this will be good practice for our upcoming trip when we'll be roughing it.  I think it's just a good way to get my back nice and tight for the 17 hours of economy flight time we have tomorrow.

Speaking of sleeping on the floor, Sharon is currently passed out next to me wearing a facial cleansing mask.  I am so close to taking a picture of her right now and putting it in this post but I have a feeling that might not go over too well.  She looks pretty scary though.  The things women will do for beauty...

On another note, Sharon and I would love to have visitors while we travel the globe, so if any of you have free vacation days to spare and the will and patience to put up with Sharon and me while you travel, here's where will be over the next six months:

2/13 - 3/6 --> New Zealand
3/6 - 3/21 --> Australia
3/21 - 4/1 --> Bali
4/1 - 5/5 --> Starting in Singapore making our way through Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia,  Laos.
5/5 - 5/25 --> India
5/25 - 5/29 --> Mauritius
5/29 - 6/9 --> South Africa
6/9 - 6/17 --> Egypt
6/17 - 6/25 --> Turkey
6/25 - 8/15 --> Starting in Greece and making our way through Europe eventually to Amsterdam.  More details to come later.

We would seriously love to have you join us along the way.

That's it for me for now.  Time to lie down next to my masked wife and get a few hours sleep before we head out to the airport first thing.

3 comments:

  1. Have a ball, kids! Enjoy this time together. The memories will last a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Be safe and take lots of pix! I'm working on Du so that we can meet up in Paris:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep us updated on your N. Africa/Europe dates as that's where we will be traveling next! Can't wait to keep up with you guys here. Learn, eat, dance, read....experience everything you can. It goes by SO fast!

    ReplyDelete