Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day 0 - Lots o' Travel

So it is now the end of day 2 of our trip, but since free WiFi is not too easy to come by here in NZ, this is really the first chance we've gotten to write any posts.  I'm going to break up posts by day, so this post will cover day 0, basically the day we lost to 22 hours of combined flight and layover time.  So here we go...


Excuse us if we don't look completely with it in the picture above, but this was after only about 4 hours of quality sleep on our living room floor.  Our packs weighed in at 21 and 18 kilos, with mine being the heavier of the two.  I think Sharon looks like a turtle in this pic.  I even made her lie on her back with it on to see if she could flip over with no help.  Unfortunately Sharon won't let me post the video of this attempt.

Everything went smooth at the airport.  After checking in we exchanged all our remaining Korean cash into NZ dollars, including about 25 dollars worth of change...the teller was not amused.


The flights went by relatively quickly, thanks in part to the wonderful invention of noise-cancelling headphones.  Thank you Tom for introducing them to us.  They are seriously awesome.  And don't they make us look like the cutest couple of dorks ever???

We had a nice 5 hour layover in KL.  The first thing Sharon did after getting off the place was go get a pedicure.  We also had a pretty solid Malaysian dinner while we were there.  Thanks to Sharon's cousin 지용 for providing the very supportive napkin for the meal.



That's it for now.  It's late and I'm running out of gas.  Tomorrow I should have time to pump out Day 1 and Day 2.  Later.

2 comments:

  1. Definitely a missed opportunity for a Koopa Troopa joke in here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the headphones --- clutch. Looks good with the glasses too.

    ReplyDelete